Can a vendor of a public house maintain an action for deceitful representations regarding the amount of rent received for a portion of the premises?

Saskatchewan, Canada

The following excerpt is from Ellerman v. Carruthers, 1908 CanLII 104 (SK QB):

In Dobell v. Stevens (1S25), 27 R.R. 441, where the vendor of a public house made, pending the treaty, certain deceitful representations respecting the amount of the business done in the house, and the rent received for a portion of the premises, whereby the plaintiff was induced to give a large sum for the premises, it was held that the latter might maintain an action on the case for the deceitful representations, although they were not noticed in the conveyance of the premises or any written memorandum of the bargain which was drawn up after these representations were made.

Other Questions

What is the test for determining an amount received by reason of action against an employer as a result of action taken against it? (Alberta, Canada)
Is a former employee entitled to a portion of the amount he would have received if he had continued to work as an employee? (British Columbia, Canada)
Can a vendor bring an action at law or equitable action for an intermediate instalment of a contract? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Can a vendor be held responsible to the purchaser for the consequences of a latent defect known to the vendor prior to the sale of a house? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
What are the implications of a motion judge's decisions regarding the restoration of an action to the trial list under r.48.11 and the dismissal of an Action for Delay pursuant to r.24.01? (Ontario, Canada)
Is a vendor required to make title of a vendor in a specific performance action? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
What is the test for obtaining an injunction to prevent a vendor take-back mortgage from being used in a power of sale action? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the capacity of a corporation to maintain an action? (Alberta, Canada)
What is the test for an action for money had and received? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
In a personal injury action, can damages be assessed before the amount of damages has been determined? (British Columbia, Canada)