Does a parent have physical custody of the children during the periods when the children are not in his care?

Ontario, Canada

The following excerpt is from Bexon v. McCorriston, 2019 ONSC 6060 (CanLII):

In the case of Sirdevan v. Sirdevan, [2009] O.J. No. 3796 (S.C.J.) Graham, J. held at para. 16 that a parent exercises a right of access to, or has physical custody of the children during the periods the children are nominally in his/her care whether they are in his/her immediate presence, in the care of the nanny he employs, or at school or swimming lessons or any other activity while he/she is responsible for their well-being and that every case must be determined on its own facts.

Other Questions

Does a parent who has 24-hour responsibility for the care of a young child have to support the child in the home during a custody dispute with his grandparents? (Ontario, Canada)
Does a father who seeks to undermine the relationship between his children's relationship with their mother, who is also a primary parent of the children, violate the children’s right to care for them? (Ontario, Canada)
How is child support calculated when one parent has physical custody of a child and the parents share custody of another child? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the expected standard of care for children of a parent who is no longer able to co-operate with the other parent? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the test for a motion to remove a parent from the custody of their children? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the test for maintaining the status quo in determining interim custody of children during a long-term matrimonial dispute? (Ontario, Canada)
Is the mother de facto custodial parent of the children in a custody dispute? (Ontario, Canada)
In what circumstances would a parent be denied custody in a custody battle between a parent and a non-parent? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the test for determining whether a parent has the prima facie right to move a child from one parent to the other parent's custody? (Ontario, Canada)
Is support or encouragement of one parent that the other parent should not have a relationship with the other's children? (Ontario, Canada)

There are no other similar questions at this time.