What is the test for denial of contact between the children’s father and their maternal grandmother?

Alberta, Canada

The following excerpt is from H.B. v. A.B., 2010 ABQB 279 (CanLII):

The relationship between the children’s father and their maternal grandmother is one of animosity, to the point that police intervention was required on one occasion. The parents do not want continued contact between H.B. and the children. The time of significant involvement between H.B. and the children ended in 2006. As noted by Veit J. in Lucenko v. Lucenko 2008 ABQB 153 at para. 4, 443 A.R. 174, “... parents have the prima facie right to determine the individuals with whom their children associate; courts must be respectful of those guardian rights.” The trial judge concluded that given the relationships between the parties, denial of contact was not unreasonable. On the evidence, this is not a material error, a serious misapprehension of the evidence, or an error of law. VI. Conclusion

Other Questions

Is a child's father required to contribute towards their post-secondary expenses? (Alberta, Canada)
How is a testatrix's estate divided between her surviving children? (Alberta, Canada)
What is the impact of a change of custody that would result in the children being removed from their mother's primary care? (Alberta, Canada)
What is the impact of the Respondent’s personalised correspondence on the relationship between the mother and her two children? (Alberta, Canada)
Is there any case law that supports the argument that a parent put their child’s best interests above their own? (Alberta, Canada)
Is a father's application to change his son's name to include his surname premature? (Alberta, Canada)
Does a step-parent who has a relatively brief marriage to someone who already has children have an obligation to support the children to the end of their post-secondary education or longer if they have serious health issues? (Alberta, Canada)
What is the test for retroactive maintenance when a payor falsified their income so that their income was lower than the original payor's? (Alberta, Canada)
Does a son who is encouraged by his father to build a home at his own expense on the father's property have the right to call for conveyance of the property? (Alberta, Canada)
What is the test for obtaining the consent of a husband to sell his wife’s interest in the sale of their property? (Alberta, Canada)

There are no other similar questions at this time.