Can a party appeal against an order requiring them to produce new evidence to support their claim against the respondent?

British Columbia, Canada

The following excerpt is from Verma v. Verma, 2007 BCCA 566 (CanLII):

However, the respondent has not cross-appealed and, for the reasons I have set out above, she is bound in any event by the agreement underlying the order. Moreover, I would dismiss the application to adduce the fresh evidence since it does not satisfy the criteria for admission: see Palmer v. The Queen (1979), 1979 CanLII 8 (SCC), [1980] 1 S.C.R. 759 at 775-76. In particular, since the order made by the trial judge was effectively a consent order and since the order left it to the parties to set the purchase price, the fresh evidence would not have affected the result had it been before him.

Other Questions

What is the test for establishing that a party has evidence to support their claim? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Can a father's claim that the Court of Appeal and Appeal judges erred in their appreciation of the governing test for variation of child support obligations on the basis of material change in circumstances be accepted? (Ontario, Canada)
What are the grounds for appeal against a decision by a judge at the Court of Appeal to overturn a support order? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the impact of a court order requiring a party to disclose their income before the date of the order is made? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the legal test for appeal against an Order requiring the Court to consider the merits of an appeal? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the effect of an appeal from the order of the original motion judge, set aside the order dismissing the action and granted leave to amend the statement of claim as against Larkin? (Ontario, Canada)
Can a party read in evidence in their own case against an adverse party? (Ontario, Canada)
Is a spousal and child support order requiring the Respondent to make a payment of money under s. 128(1) of the CJA? (Ontario, Canada)
Does a claimant have to provide supporting evidence to support their claim? (Canada (Federal), Canada)
Is there any evidence to support a claim for an advance made by a third party to a plaintiff in BCSC 1300? (British Columbia, Canada)