What is the test for equitable distribution of the residue of a deceased's estate?

British Columbia, Canada

The following excerpt is from Comeau v. Decker, 1997 CanLII 4150 (BC SC):

The plaintiff does not take issue with the specific bequests. She essentially argues that as between herself and her brother, the residue should have been distributed more evenly, had her mother, acting as a "judicious parent", made "adequate, just and equitable provision" for the plaintiff in accordance with the principles established in Tataryn v. Tataryn 1994 CanLII 51 (SCC), [1994] 2 S.C.R. 807, and other authorities.

Other Questions

Can a legatee or personal representative of a deceased's estate collect the balance of his distributive share of the deceased’s estate? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Does a testator have a moral obligation to ensure that the surviving spouse of a deceased testator's estate is not dependent upon another spouse who contributed substantially to his estate? (British Columbia, Canada)
Can a former beneficiary of a deceased testator bring a claim against the deceased’s estate solicitor? (Alberta, Canada)
What is the effect of a will that vested in the estate of the deceased's deceased father when he dies? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Can a third defendant purchase the estate property of a deceased's estate? (Nova Scotia, Canada)
Can a personal representative of the deceased's estate make a claim under s. 151(3) of the BC Supreme Court of Justice for personal representative leave to continue to pursue his claim? (British Columbia, Canada)
Can a personal representative obtain a copy of the personal representative’s file to determine who is the executor and sole beneficiary of the deceased's estate? (Nova Scotia, Canada)
What is the testator's consideration of the beneficiaries of a deceased's estate? (British Columbia, Canada)
In what circumstances will the Children be able to bring an action to vary the will of a deceased's estate? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the effect of a motion for summary judgment in a personal representative of a deceased’s estate against the Respondent? (Alberta, Canada)