Is a husband's dental practice divided equally after 12 years of marriage?

British Columbia, Canada

The following excerpt is from Vlachias v. Vlachias, 2009 BCSC 843 (CanLII):

At the other end of the spectrum is Murchie v. Murchie, supra, wherein the husband’s dental practice was divided equally after a 12 year marriage, notwithstanding a complete lack of contribution, direct or indirect, by the wife.

Other Questions

What is the effect on a husband's tolerance towards his three children during the first five years of their marriage? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the position of the wife in a marriage breakdown case where the husband's pension is divided and the wife is entitled to double recovery or double dip? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the test for reapportioning a wife's share of her husband's property in accordance with the husband's contributions to the wife's first marriage? (British Columbia, Canada)
How have the courts interpreted the meaning of a marriage agreement where the husband misled the wife into believing the husband’s parents were not interested in marriage? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the effect of postponing equalization of a husband's pension equalization until after the husband’s pension is equalized? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the impact of a fall from a high-rise apartment block on a dental technician's dental practice? (British Columbia, Canada)
What factors under section 65(1)(f) of the Rules of Apportionation under s. 65(2)(f), when a spouse's contribution to the value of an interest in P.S. Ltd. during the last three years of their marriage? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the test for apportioning property between a husband and wife in a marriage where the wife's inheritance was acquired during the marriage, and only the wife contributed to the expense and upkeep of the property? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the effect of a husband's interest in his wife's business after he has retired from his own corporation? (British Columbia, Canada)
Can a husband reduce his wife's spousal support after the wife's health problems and difficult financial circumstances? (Ontario, Canada)