What is the quantum of time for an increase in the length of a person's sentence?

British Columbia, Canada

The following excerpt is from R. v. Learn, 2015 BCSC 815 (CanLII):

Where there is an increase to be imposed there are generally two broad categories of cases, 12 to 15 years, and 16 to 20 years. As I have said, the lengthier group is reserved for those cases at the highest order or moral culpability or dangerousness: Bennight at para. 14 and R v. Cerra 2004 BCCA 594 at paras.17-26.

Other Questions

Can one person's invitation to touch another person's penis constitute an assault? (British Columbia, Canada)
Is a person who has previously assumed her spouse's name as a pen or theatre name for a long-term relationship with another person's true name? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the test for establishing that if one person buys property but conveys it into another person's name or into his name, that other person becomes resulting trustee for the purchaser? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Does s. 2 of the Women's Voluntary Arrangement (WVA) apply to a person who is in a relationship with the deceased's wife, husband or children? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the test for an individual to obtain from another person who has contributed to another person's income? (Alberta, Canada)
Is it reasonable for a police officer to enter a person's home without the consent of the owner's consent? (Canada (Federal), Canada)
What is required to complete a mortgage advance under TD Waterhouse's Arm's Length Mortgage Agreement? (Ontario, Canada)
Is a person's right to hold a driver s license and operate a motor vehicle a liberty protected by s.7 of the Charter? (Prince Edward Island, Canada)
How does a resulting trust arise when a person contributes to the purchase price of a property and the property is then placed in another person's name? (British Columbia, Canada)
Does an authority to proceed under s. 15 and s. 14(1)(b)(ii) of the Criminal Code apply to a person who has been provisionally arrested, whether detained or released on judicial interim release? (British Columbia, Canada)