Can a convicted person re-litigate the issues determined against him at the later civil hearing?

Alberta, Canada

The following excerpt is from Trang v. Alberta (Edmonton Remand Centre), 2002 ABQB 658 (CanLII):

The effectiveness of any evidence tendered by a party must be determined by the court, whether considered indisputable, rebuttable proof of the event or something less. For example, in Del Core v. Ontario College of Pharmacists, Finlayson J.A. held that the convicted person could not re-litigate the issues determined against him at the later civil hearing. Houlden J.A., though, decided that the evidence provided prima facie proof but that the convicted person could re-litigate his culpability.

Other Questions

Is this an attempt to re-litigate a criminal conviction? (Manitoba, Canada)
Is issue estoppel applicable in a civil proceeding after adjudication of issues in an administrative hearing? (Ontario, Canada)
Is a variation application an opportunity to re-litigate the prevailing order? (Nova Scotia, Canada)
Is a Minister's delegate erred by misapplying the so-called "two-part test" in determining that a convicted criminal must be convicted of certain crimes and that the convicted person is or will be a danger to the public? (Canada (Federal), Canada)
Does section 25 of the Civil Code of Civil Procedure, s. 25(1) of the Rules of Justice, protect against excessive force? (Alberta, Canada)
What is the standard for determining whether a person can be found to have committed acts of cruelty against another person? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
What are the serious issues to be tried on an appeal by the husband against the husband's appeal against the Husband's Agreement of Divorce? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the test for success in a civil action brought by a plaintiff against two police officers who used excessive force against her? (Ontario, Canada)
Can a claim in negligent entrustment be established against a person who supplies an item, here a motor vehicle, to another person who the supplier knows or ought to know? (Yukon, Canada)
What security of the person is for a convicted person awaiting sentencing? (Ontario, Canada)