Can an unpaid mortgagee recover arrears of interest?

Saskatchewan, Canada

The following excerpt is from Great West Acceptance Corp. Ltd. v. Hamilton Hotel Co. Ltd. and Wascana Hotel (1965) Ltd. et al., 1982 CanLII 2596 (SK CA):

Learned counsel for the appellant contended that Sutton v. Sutton (supra) does not directly deal with the right of an unpaid mortgagee to recover arrears of interest. It was submitted that this case only deals with the limitation period for the bringing of an action but leaves open the question of what may be recovered by way of interest arrears under a mortgage when the action is brought within the statutory time limit.

Other Questions

Is a mortgagee entitled to claim costs for arrears of 6 years of interest which have never been paid? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Is a mortgagee who has made a loan on mortgage, but has not executed the mortgage deed, bound to give effect to a proviso that reduces the interest rate of interest on punctual payment? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Can a strata corporation commence an action to recover an unpaid assessment if the owner of the unit is assessed first and only if the assessment is unpaid? (British Columbia, Canada)
How have the courts in England and Wales dealt with a mortgagee's claim for unpaid rent? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Can a lender sue a borrower for unpaid loans with an interest rate of 20% per month? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the consequence of a mortgageeā€™s failure to pay interest on a mortgage? (British Columbia, Canada)
In what circumstances will a mortgagee be able to recover from the loss of a brick building and the damage to another brick building? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
When a mortgagee has obtained final foreclosure and disposed of the property, can the mortgagor recover a deficiency? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Is a mortgagee required to pay interest on premiums paid during the term of the contract? (British Columbia, Canada)
Can a mortgagee obtain judgment on a personal covenant with interest at the mortgage rate? (British Columbia, Canada)