What is the test for making a reasonable contribution from the child for educational costs?

British Columbia, Canada

The following excerpt is from Hamilton v. Popp, 2014 BCSC 506 (CanLII):

Finally, under s. 3(2)(b), courts have wide discretion in determining what is fair and just in the circumstances. And a reasonable contribution from the child for their educational cost is required: Rebenchuk v. Rebenchuk, 2007 MBCA 22 at para. 45.

The claimant cites Bockhold v. Bockhold, 2006 BCCA 472 in support of her position that the child support Rogers J. ordered in 2008 ought to continue.

Other Questions

What is the test for making a retroactive contribution to child care costs? (Nova Scotia, Canada)
What is the test for making a contribution to post-secondary education costs for an adult child? (Ontario, Canada)
Is it reasonable for a child to work for a period to repay a past student loan and earn money for future educational expenses? (Alberta, Canada)
What are the reasons of the Court of Appeal for allowing a child with reasonable educational needs to attend school? (Ontario, Canada)
Is a school district required to provide a reasonable accommodation for a child with special educational needs? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the test for awarding costs to an applicant who has made a reasonable child support offer but has received a less favourable court decision? (Ontario, Canada)
How much contribution from each parent should each parent of a child be made to the child's education system? (British Columbia, Canada)
What are the costs of a child protection claim against a party who is not acting in the best interests of the child? (British Columbia, Canada)
When a joint custody arrangement is in place and the 40% line has been crossed, is the joint parent required to contribute towards child care costs under s. 9 of the Child Support Guidelines? (British Columbia, Canada)
Can a percentage of the "hard costs" associated with child support be deducted from rental income for the purpose of calculating child support? (Ontario, Canada)