Does a party to a matrimonial proceeding have a duty to disclose full financial disclosure to the other party?

British Columbia, Canada

The following excerpt is from Jones v. Jones, 1998 CanLII 6219 (BC SC):

In Turpin v. Turpin (1991), B.C.J. No. 35 (B.C.S.C.) Drost J. held that "each party to a matrimonial proceeding ... has a duty, separate and apart from the requirements of R. 60A, to make full financial disclosure to the other party and to the court".

Other Questions

What is the impact of a party’s failure to disclose financial information in a family law proceeding? (Ontario, Canada)
Is a party in a family law support case required to provide a complete and frank financial disclosure in the form of a financial statement? (Ontario, Canada)
Does a resulting trust exist when a party makes a financial contribution to the initial purchase of a property but then gratuitously transfers their title to the other party? (Ontario, Canada)
Can a party who has been unsuccessful in a personal injury case rely on their own financial means, such as cash, to avoid the costs of the other party? (Ontario, Canada)
Is it possible for a party seeking to impute income to get to the first step, laying the evidentiary foundation, where the party against whom they are seeking to be imputed makes little or no financial disclosure to the court? (Ontario, Canada)
What are the factors that a judge should consider in determining whether or not a party has complied with a financial disclosure motion? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the standard of conduct in matrimonial litigation where the respondent has been accused of using anger and hurt as a weapon against the other party? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the current state of disclosure of a party's financial situation? (Ontario, Canada)
When is enough financial disclosure in a family law proceeding? (Ontario, Canada)
Can a domestic contract or a provision of it be overturned if a party failed to disclose to other significant assets existing when the contract was made? (Ontario, Canada)