Can a mortgagee obtain an injunction to restrain a mortgagor from removing fixtures from their property?

Saskatchewan, Canada

The following excerpt is from Hamilton v. Lindsay, 1923 CanLII 59 (SK QB):

The defendant contends that the plaintiff can only succeed if he shows a deficiency of security. There is authority for such a contention. Ellis v. Glover & Hobson Ltd. [1908] 1 K.B. 388, 77 L.J.K.B. 251. Farwell, L.J. at p. 399 says: I think that a mortgagee would fail to obtain an injunction to restrain the removal of such fixtures, unless he also proved that his security was deficient, or would become so by such removal, on the same principle that prevents the mortgagee from obtaining an injunction to restrain a mortgagor from cutting timber or committing waste in similar circumstances; nor could he obtain damages except in a case of deficiency of security, fof he would have suffered none.

Other Questions

Can a mortgagee obtain an injunction to restrain the removal of machinery from the mortgaged premises? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
What is the law on fixtures between a mortgagor and mortgagee? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Can a mortgagee sue the mortgagor on the basis that the mortgaged property is not in a condition in which it was when the mortgage was signed? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
When a mortgagee has obtained final foreclosure and disposed of the property, can the mortgagor recover a deficiency? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Can a husband obtain an injunction preventing his ex-wife from disclosing confidential information obtained during their marriage? (British Columbia, Canada)
What action does a mortgagee in purchasing the mortgaged property at a tax sale place him in the position of holding the title, which he subsequently procures, subject to the right of the mortgagor to redeem? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Can a mortgagee prevent a mortgagor from redeeming the property? (Alberta, Canada)
Can a mortgagee obtain a judgment on the covenant to pay against the mortgagor and her spouse? (Ontario, Canada)
Can a mortgagee recover damages for removing fixtures from a house that is not covered by the mortgage? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
What is the difference between a mortgagee and mortgagee when the mortgagee buys in at the mortgage sale and later sells the property to a third party? (New Brunswick, Canada)