Can a mother bring her children to Canada from Switzerland for a time-limited consensual stay?

Ontario, Canada

The following excerpt is from Balev v. Baggott, 2016 ONCA 680 (CanLII):

Time-limited consensual stays for educational purposes for periods of a year or more are now common. In Cornaz v. Cornaz-Nikyuluw, the mother brought the children to Canada from Switzerland to allow her to study for a year with the father’s consent. The father agreed to extend that period by six months. The mother refused to return the children to Switzerland at the end of the consensual period. Glithero J. ordered the return of the children, holding at para. 57: One parent cannot change the habitual residence of a child without the agreement of the other parent having custody rights. … The consent to the children being abroad for a particular purpose for a particular time period, but not beyond, in my view does not operate so as to effect a change in the habitual residence of the children.

Other Questions

Does the time-limited consent of the mother need to be extended? (Ontario, Canada)
When is a mother required to bring the children to the access transfer? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the test for a time-limited order to provide transitional support for the wife? (Ontario, Canada)
Is the mother of the children entitled to the same amount of time as the primary parent? (Ontario, Canada)
Is a motion to stay an order that the mother forthwith return the children to Egypt pending her appeal? (Ontario, Canada)
Does a father who seeks to undermine the relationship between his children's relationship with their mother, who is also a primary parent of the children, violate the children’s right to care for them? (Ontario, Canada)
How does spousal support analysis work in a long-term relationship where the mother is a stay-at-home mother? (Ontario, Canada)
Does time spent in jail as a result of a conviction and sentencing in the United States include time served in jail in Canada? (Ontario, Canada)
In what circumstances have courts found that a parent unilaterally removed her children from Canada without the consent of the parties’ consent? (Ontario, Canada)
In what circumstances will the court grant sole custody to the mother of the children? (Ontario, Canada)

There are no other similar questions at this time.