Can a purchaser who purchased from the person who entered into a will claim a higher position than the remainderman?

Ontario, Canada

The following excerpt is from Gray v. Richford, 1877 CanLII 6 (ON CA):

In such a case a person purchasing from the person who entered under the will cannot, of course, as against the remainderman, be in any better position than the person under whom he claims: Board v. Board, L.R. 9 Q.B. 48.

Other Questions

What is the test for establishing that if one person buys property but conveys it into another person's name or into his name, that other person becomes resulting trustee for the purchaser? (Saskatchewan, Canada)
Can a mortgagee who buys land from a tax purchaser who is not a mortgagor set up as an absolute purchaser of the land as if he had purchased from a stranger? (Ontario, Canada)
Can a claim in negligent entrustment be established against a person who supplies an item, here a motor vehicle, to another person who the supplier knows or ought to know? (Yukon, Canada)
Can a person whose claim has been rejected be stated unequivocally to be a person who is entitled to the benefits? (New Brunswick, Canada)
Can an applicant who entered into a family law proceeding with a pleading claim to a 50% interest in the respondent's property make an offer to settle that reflected a compromise from his pleaded claim? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the limitation period for a person who is unable to understand the facts of a claim? (Ontario, Canada)
What is the test for determining whether a reasonable person in a plaintiff's position would have undergone the same surgery if properly informed of the risks? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the default position of the court on a settlement of a personal injury claim? (British Columbia, Canada)
Is the Chief Justice of the Court of Appeal of the Supreme Court of B.C holding that the Court has jurisdiction to determine whether a person who is not a party to a particular type of tortfeasor has a valid claim? (British Columbia, Canada)
What is the test for corroboration in a claim against a deceased person? (Saskatchewan, Canada)