We're looking to hire super smart engineers who like to take ownership of our technical problems and work autonomously to get things built and shipped without any unnecessary bureaucracy. Our team is built on trust, accountability, and transparency. We sometimes ask a lot from our employees, but always reciprocate back with the same flexibility they give us.
Were small enough that every employee receives the chance to have a significant impact on technical process and company culture, but large enough that we've established product-market fit, so our engineers can focus their energy on scaling our platform to keep up with the growth of the business.
This position is an opportunity for an engineer to take ownership of significant technical areas across the entire stack by tackling complex analytical problems across a large data set in a tech-centric company.
- Full-stack software design and development, primarily in Ruby and React.
- Data modeling and querying at scale and Elasticsearch.
- Pragmatic technical decision-making to ensure we're delivering high-quality software as quickly as possible.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering or related fields.
- Experience working in small teams with a great deal of autonomy.
- An understanding of the pace of a startup (and the excitement to jump into it).
- Experience with some or all of our existing stack: Ruby, Rails, React, Elasticsearch.
- Significant experience with dynamic languages, agile methodologies, test-driven development, and distributed systems.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders and customers in the lifecycle of a technology product or project.
- Work from anywhere in Canada. Need to be able to legally work in Canada