Alexsei is a legal technology startup working towards productizing legal services. Our long term mission is to build a truly autonomous lawyer. We are a team of talented software engineers and lawyers working hard to make the law accessible for all; that is, easier to understand more quickly and affordably.
To serve our long-term mission, we are advancing the state of the art in Natural Language Generation and Understanding, and building Novel Engineering Systems. We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team and help advance the mission.
As a senior engineer, you will provide technical leadership to the team and guide the team in making technical decisions and developing reliable, scalable, automated solutions that meet standards. You will design and develop data processing platforms and frameworks for Data Engineering, Cloud Infrastructure and Machine Learning.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- 4+ years of software / backend (cloud infrastructure) engineering experience
- Demonstrated experience in Micro-service Architecture, Data Integration Design, Data Streaming (AWS Kinesis, Lambda. Apache Kafka), In-memory and distributed caching, and Data Architecture
- Experience with AWS CloudFormation and Terraform
- Proficient in writing streaming applications and integration services
- Strong understanding of data storage principles, data formats (Avro, Parquet, Delta) and writing ETLs for batch pipelines (Spark, Airflow etc.)
- Strong suite of skills in software development with focus on code refactoring, design patterns, design-driven development, CI/CD and highly scalable applications
- Proven experience in providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on software engineering
- Knowledge/Experience in functional programming is an asset
- High growth expectations for yourself and your team, and a willingness to push yourself and your team to achieve them
- Legally authorized to work 40 hours/week in Canada
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills and experience with project management tools to foster a healthy, productive and thriving team environment
- Demonstrate drive for self-development and continuous learning
- Previous experience building cloud first engineering systems (AWS, GCP)
- Knowledge/experience in designing systems for Data-centric + Model-centric AI development