At Alexsei, we are building cutting-edge legal AI by combining the skills of exceptional research attorneys with those of brilliant AI engineers. We leverage our tools to produce on-demand, short-turnaround legal memos that have garnered the acclaim of top law firms across North America. And, we’re growing!
As a research attorney with Alexsei, you’ll help top lawyers figure out the answers to their most challenging legal questions. Each day will be different, and you’ll get to work in a variety of different practice areas.
We are looking for intellectuals with exceptional legal research, writing, and issue-spotting skills. This is a great opportunity for attorneys interested in the academic side of law.
We’ve been remote-friendly since day one, so you can complete the work from anywhere. Work is completed on a per assignment basis. As a contractor, you will be able to set your own hours and choose which assignments to take.
We generally recruit our full-time researchers from our roster of contractors. So, while there is no obligation to become full-time, it is a possibility if that interests you.
- Researching complex legal topics, often in unfamiliar practice areas
- Crafting concise, accurate, and objective legal research memos within 24 hours
- Understanding and adhering to the Alexsei style of writing
- Consistently meeting deadlines
- Attorney licensed to practice law in Delaware
- Professional experience in any practice area
- Exceptional legal research, writing, and issue-spotting skills
- Interest in conducting legal research on a wide range of topics
- Solid understanding of the legal process
- Comfortable with ambiguity
- Love of learning new things
- Reliable and secure internet access
- Comfortable using and learning new technologies like Google Hangouts, Zoom, Slack, legal research databases, search engines, etc.
- Bonus: Your own subscription to a legal research service
- Bonus: Also licensed in California, New York, Maryland, Connecticut, the District of Columbia, Texas, or Florida
- $250 USD flat rate per memo, including any applicable sales tax
Qualified applicants will be asked to complete 1-2 memo assignments, for which they will be paid, in order to assess their legal research, writing, and issue-spotting skills.